Transaction best practices

in General edited May 2010
I am working on setting up my first FoxyCart and integrating with PayPal Pro. So far it looks like things are working well, but I am wondering what the best practices are for order fulfillment.

When a customer places an order, how do I set up an email address for the order to be sent to? I set up the Store e-mail, but orders are not being sent there. I can go into transactions and see the orders placed there, but how do you set up a notification that an order has been placed? Am I just missing something simple?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @chocolatechick, you can set the email address where order notification are sent to from within the administration under Products > Categories. If you check the "Send admin email" some further options will appear to allow you to send order receipts to yourself. Hope that helps.
  • OK, I added the email in, did nothing else this morning, and now I am getting a 15008 error when checking out. Could I have done something wrong. It was working perfectly last night.

Error: There was an error processing your payment: (15008 Invalid Data) This transaction has been completed, but the total of items in the cart did not match the total of all items.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Are you using coupon codes or discounts, by chance? Please whisper Luke the transaction ID and store domain if you could and we'll take a look.
  • Not using any coupon codes...yet. I think I fixed it, I didn't have all of my categories set up to email to the same place, once I pointed them all in the same direction it worked.