Live shipping for multiple zip codes?

vossavantvossavant Member
in Help edited June 2010
I'm curious as to how you guys get live shipping rates to work. I ask because I suspect I may need to do an integration of my own with UPS, USPS, etc.'s APIs.

For my store, in many cases a customer will have products from multiple vendors (located in different zip codes) in the same order. The products will ship from those vendors rather than a centralized warehouse, so using the store's zip code to calculate shipping rates won't work.

Ideally, I'd like to pass the zip code of each vendor in the order to JSON (or wherever) and get a rate for each vendor.

I apologize if this is something that would be included in SuperShip -- I took a look and think that "Multiple flat rate" may touch on what I'm trying to do.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    This is probably something for the first round of (planned) shipping improvements, which is the custom endpoint. That'd provide an endpoint of your choosing with XML or JSON, and you'd respond back with whatever options and prices make sense. But for now it'd definitely be something you'd have to hack up. Sounds like you'd have to take the same basic idea, but all through javascript.