Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Can the email receipts be customized/changed?

consolibyteconsolibyte Member, Integration Developer, Consolibyte Quickbooks
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited June 2010
Can the email receipts that customers get be customized/changed? If so, how?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Can you clarify what you're trying to customize? The answer is yes, but there are some limits on what you can do (eg: you can't apply javascript in an email), but you can change the template to include your logo, or other additional information. You edit it just like the checkout and receipts in the FC administration.
  • consolibyteconsolibyte Member, Integration Developer, Consolibyte Quickbooks
    I just want to change the text of the email. So, for instance, where it currently says:
    "Billing Address:"

I want to change that to:
    "Bill to address:"

Where do I edit this? When I go to TEMPLATES > receipt and choose "Use a specific template for the receipt" it shows me an empty textarea. When I then click "FoxyCart Text" or "FoxyCart Standard" I get a blob of HTML, with no actual template for the content.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Click on the 'language' section in the admin and you'll be able to customize every single piece of text we output.

Please let us know what we could do to make that more obvious because you're certainly not the first person who hasn't found that language item in the admin.