[MODx] Inventory : infinite decrease

a_rupina_rupin Member
in Help edited April 2008
Hi

I'm using MODx + FoxyCart Inventory snippet in Test Type Transaction.

Each minute i get the XML Data Feed that is processed by the snippet in order to decrease the inventory of the products in the transactions.

My problem is that each minute the stock of these products are decreasing. It seems that the transactions are never marked as delivered.

How can i fix it, please ?
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    You need to return "foxy" if the datafeed was properly processed. This is how our system knows you were able to properly receive and process the XML. If you're returning anything else but "foxy" (no quotes, no white space), our system has to assume the transaction wasn't correctly handled. Double check your script for white space or header/footer includes or debug messages or php warnings... something other than just "foxy".

Please let us know if that helps and if you discover what the problem is. You're probably not the only person who has experience this.
  • a_rupina_rupin Member
    edited April 2008
    Hi

I have this in my snippet after SQL update requests :
    // That was fun.
    		// Are we satisfied? If so, return "foxy" so these transactions can be marked as delivered.
    		// Dont't forget, you can always export your data directly from the store admin page as well.
    		$output = "foxy";

I thought it was enough.
    No ?
  • Even with $output = "foxy"; inventory still decreasing each minute :(
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    You'll need to test what the snippet is actually printing to the screen. This can be done using the test datafeed and posting it to your datafeed snippet URL. You may also want to ensure that it works with multiple transactions, not just one. The page result should only print one "foxy" and nothing else.

Most likely, your snippet is printing out multiple line feeds or other elements. Also, make sure you don't have any whitespace on either side of your opening or closing php tags.

Please let us know what you find out.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Also make sure the snippet's loaded on a page with a blank template or it won't work (like you're describing).
  • a_rupina_rupin Member
    Sorry, i had a lot of work.

And the winner is ...
    ... brett

Since i used a blank template, it's OK.

Thx