PayPal Sandbox Enviornment?

jusmeigjusmeig Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited April 2008
Hi Guys,

Anyone know which is the best merchant to go with (Irish Seller)?

I choose PayPal as they are the most well recognized to my client. I'm having trouble however working with the PayPal developer account:

I have tried to follow this: http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:paymentgateways:paypal
But PayPal must have changed their interface as I can't find any of the info in the wiki. I can't grand access to sandbox_api1.foxycart.com anywhere, so when I try and put a transaction through my test account it fails: "10002 Authentication/Authorization Failed) You do not have permissions to make this API call"

What info does the foxy cart backend need, im guessing its the test account name?
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Jusmeig, do you have Website Payments Pro, or just paypal? It only works with WPP which is $30 a month.
  • jusmeigjusmeig Member
    edited April 2008
    Hi Luke...

I have nothing yet. I just signed up for the developer account with paypal as per the instructions on the wiki. but I cant add foxy cart?
    Would you reccomend a different merchant.

Ideally what I want is a merchant that credits a credit card when a transaction is made? Show I be trying another merchant?

Cheers,

Justin
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    I missed that you were in Ireland. Does Paypal Website Payments Pro US support Ireland? If you're using the Paypal Pro UK, we haven't yet implemented that system (http://forum.foxycart.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=206). If you're using the US version, once you give us API access, you should just have to add your paypal email address and api key on the FoxyCart gateway settings page. Be sure to check the test gateway since you're using the sandbox.

If the interface you're seeing doesn't match the wiki (and if you're not in the US), it's a good chance you're not logged into Website Payment Pro US. Cybersource does a lot of international gateways so you may want to check them out.

We will be adding more gateways in the future, but at this point we're focusing on a redesign of some core functionality for better international support in the future (http://wiki.foxycart.com/feature_requests).
  • jusmeigjusmeig Member
    edited April 2008
    PayPal Websites Paymnets Pro does not support Ireland.
    I guess my next question has to be: Has anoyone set up foxycart for an Irish Reseller?

I have contacted all your supported Gateways, im going to be more than a little annoyed if I cant use any of them!!!

EDIT: Not good

Quantum Gateway - no
    Website Payments Pro (US) - No
    Authorize.net, CyberSource - Same?...NO!

Has anyone used Foxycart in the EU, and if so what Gateway did u guys use?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    What's the gateway of choice for Irish merchants? If you could perhaps ask around for what's the most popular in Ireland we'll add it to the list.
  • I've built quite a few shops with Realex Payments. I guess they would be the market leaders. I already voted for it on your request page (only 1 vote!!!! :0)

Pay Pal is always going to be used, but having looked at the pay pal ireland site I don't think they offer the Pro account you guys have worked with in the past.

It's a shame I can't go with Foxy Cart this time around, as it really does make things much easier.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    You could always do the "offline processing" method. Not ideal for high volume stores, but it might work really well for low-medium volume stores.