Test Enviroments

wiggywiggy Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited April 2008
Silly question I hope, but I wish to test Foxy Cart out before I sign up for an account.
I have set up a free account for testing and have chosen the UK PayPal pro payment gateway, now when I go to check out I have to enter my details and it asks for my credit card details, which I thought was necessary for PayPal as all this is done with them?
I was expecting to see some kind of PayPal pay now icon instead of the credit card details? Is this something that happens after my account is active?
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    FoxyCart is mainly for designers and developers who are looking for a branded, styled checkout process and would rather not have their customers leave their site and go to paypal's less than pretty payment process. With Paypal Pro, FoxyCart securely sends the payment information to Paypal behind the scenes which processes the card just like any other merchant/gateway system.

That being said, we will be integrating with paypal express checkout in the future which is more what you're describing. As for testing, just use a fake credit card like 4111111111111111.
  • wiggywiggy Member
    What if the customer already has a PayPal account and would like to use their payment details that are stored within there PayPal account?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We don't currently integrate with express checkout as a payment method, but we will eventually.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Please take a moment to express your interest in that functionality if you'd like: http://wiki.foxycart.com/feature_requests
    It helps us keep track of what's most requested.