Multiple stores under one account - email setup

AntonLAntonL Member
in Help edited April 2008
Hi,

(Thought I would try posting here as I am having no luck with email responses lately.)

I will need to add a second store for another of my clients quite soon. Do I need to do anything special to ensure that the stores for different clients are kept separate in your admin system?

Also, I wish to have each of my clients receive CCed or BCCed receipt emails, but I need to maintain the billing/admin relationship directly between myself and FC for each client store I set up.

I.e., if I put a client email address in the "store email" field, I need to be sure that FC will not send my clients any billing or other admin info, and that they will *only* receive copies of their own customers' receipt messages.

(The help text in FC admin states, "This email address will be used for billing and communication with FoxyCart.")

Thanks,
Anton
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Anton.
    You don't need to do anything special to keep the stores separate, but you do need to be a little careful to make sure you're editing the right store. (I've accidentally overwritten the wrong store's template before. Just something to be aware of.)

As far as your clients go, the store admin and the store payment are separate systems. So you could have 10 stores and pay for them all with a single account, or you could have 10 separate billing accounts. It sounds like you're going to want to pay for the stores yourself, which would allow you to set the store email addresses to your clients' emails and all would be well.

What you will want to keep in mind, however, is the user you use to access the admin. We do email all of our admin users occasionally with news, updates, and (coming soon) scheduled maintenance notifications. So if you set your clients up with users to access the FoxyCart admin they'll receive emails.

Let me know if that makes sense, or I've missed a question.
  • Hi Brett,

Thanks very much for your forum and email replies.

My main concern was simply whether my clients would be receive billing or admin emails if I enter their address in the "store email" field. From your response, the answer appears to be no; they will just get copies of the email receipts sent to their customers - which is exactly what I was hoping for. (The help text in the admin interface obviously needs to be corrected to reflect this).

Thanks,
    Anton
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited April 2008
    Thanks for pointing this out, Anton. We've actually done things the opposite way as well... where the developer is the store email account and the "payee" is the client who is actually paying for the store. The reason things are a little fuzzy at the moment is because we haven't developed a fully supported re-branding system (much like Campaign Monitor's Mail Build), but eventually we will.

We'll have to discuss this further to ensure consistency across all our clients, but we'll get something worked out and get back to everyone once we clarify things. It might be as simple as an option in the store settings to clarify who should be contacted for what.