PayPal Adaptive Payments

sandersdesignsandersdesign Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited August 2010
Will FoxyCart include support for PayPal's new Adaptive Payments service to allow funds to be split between multiple individuals?

https://www.x.com/community/ppx/adaptive_payments

This feature would be of specific interest to dropship traders or sites with multiple stakeholders such as multi-vendor mall type communities.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey sandersdesign, thanks for posting. Looks like their documentation was updated just last month. Very cool stuff. We've been so focused on getting our next release out the door that we haven't been keeping up to speed with all of the latest PayPal developments. We'll take a look at it but most likely it will have to be voted up by our users here before we'll bump other things to make it happen: http://requests.foxycart.com
  • Reconsideration? Anyone interested, add some points to my suggestion
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    This is definitely something that comes up regularly. It's not at the top of our list, but it definitely is something that's on the radar. There are quite a few challenges with how to make this happen in an intelligent way, and one solution we're considering would be allowing this functionality as part of a larger "super flexible" rebuild of payment systems in FoxyCart. That's vague, I know, but it's a tricky thing to tackle in a way that'd make sense for every merchant and every possibility, but it is something we hope to build out.

But not anytime in the immediate future, unfortunately. Sorry about that.
  • would it be possible to integrate foxycart with something like the woocomerce paypal adaptive payments plugin to make adaptive payments possible?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @EricNewlin,

I'm not sure that that would be possible - any adaptive payments set up would need to be integrated natively. If you haven't already, I'd definitely recommend putting in a vote for a native solution on our requests page.