A few question from a confused customer

leehughesleehughes Member
in General edited September 2010
Hi,

I have spent a fair few £ to try and get this foxycart into my website now. I believe I am up to the testing stage.

I notice that you now have version 0.7. Is it safe to upgrade? My store is going live in about 1 month and since it's a new store we will have a fair few problems anyway without any beta errors to cope with. Should I stick with 0.6 for the time being?

Another question is that I am a UK store and sell only to UK. I read in another thread that version 0.7 allows a maestro payment. Can I not do this on 0.6?

If not what can I use? I have icons for paypal, visa, maestro, delta, switch, mastercard. This was just a rushed guess for my developer to add them in.

Are there plans for a wordpress plugin in the future?

I did have more question but my mind has gone blank.

i will it at that :)

Thanks
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Hi leehughes,

Foxycart 070 is a stable release now, so you can safely use it on your store. Obviously its important to look over the upgrading docs to find anything that has changed in 070 that would require you altering something on your setup. You can see the upgrade docs at http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/0.7.0/upgrading

Maestro card support was adding in FoxyCart 060, are you having issues with it in 060?

We have no plans for an official wordpress plugin, but there may be someone else in the community that will build one. There are a lot of merchants that are using Wordpress and FoxyCart fwiw.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Worth noting, we don't currently support 3d Secure which you will probably need for "full" Maestro support. We working on that for the 071 release.
  • Ok cool that's good news then.

I am having no issues at the moment as my site is not yet live. I was just being curious :)

Is there a date on the 071 release or is that a long time away yet? I have about 1 month till my site goes fully live you see.

So, are those payment methods ok for UK store? Apart from maestro which we have already talked about.

Thanks again guys.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    No date for 071, but it's coming along. May not be fully tested and released by your deadline though.

As for those payment methods working, that's up to your gateway. A lot of gateways in the UK require 3d secure for debit cards so that might be a problem.
  • That is a big problem for me.

Is there anything I can do? I can use paypal for payments until 071 but I don't really like to use it.

Do I have to hold tight until then?

Have you a blog/RSS in which I can subscribe and keep up to date?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We actually made good progress on this the last couple days and appear to have realex and paypoint working with 3d secure but there's still a lot of testing to be done and there will be more after that since we don't have live UK gateway accounts to run real transactions.

As for a blog/changelog, you can follow all changes we make and releases we have here: http://www.foxycart.com/changelog.html
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team