The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Tax not charged on Shipping

mbowzeylombowzeylo Member
in Help edited October 2010
It appears that the shipping costs are not being taxed.

I have "Checked - "Apply to shipping and handling" in my tax setup.

In my Category...I have selected a Flat Fee per Shipment.

At checkout...the Tax is correctly applied to my products...but not to the shipping costs.

Any ideas why?

(My store is v.0.7.0)

Any help is appreciated.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for posting, mbowzeylo, we'll take a look.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited October 2010
    Oh, also, what store is this for? Are you using a global tax, country tax, region tax or local tax? From the tests I've done so far, the taxes do show up after you put in your contact information, which is goofy and should be fixed, but it does look like the taxes do actually calculate before the checkout takes place. Is that what you're seeing as well?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Due to the way taxes interact with live shipping rates and handling fees (which need the country/state/city/postal code) we may not be able to roll out a fix for this display issue. Even though global taxes with flat rates don't need the customer location in order to do the calculation, when the customer information is entered, the JSON request returns taxes (including shipping taxes) so if we were to calculate that before hand on page load the taxes end up doubling up. There's some code in here we're going to be refactoring once we develop custom end points for taxes and shipping and will probably have to revisit this then. We have created a ticket for the issue though.
  • mbowzeylombowzeylo Member
    edited October 2010
    Hey Luke...thanks for the feedback.

I am using Global tax with flat-rate shipping (with some JavaScript tweaks to adjust the flat-rate based on the order subtotal).

You are absolutely correct in your description of how it's working...once I input the city and state/province it recalculates the tax on the shipping correctly. It all make sense now and from my initial tests...it's working correctly.

Thanks a lot Luke. It's nice to be working on a FoxyCart project again.

Mike