Specific Email for buying a specific item

cfncfn Member
in Help edited May 2008
Would there be a way for, if a customer buys a specific item, they would get a specific email?

This is a gym that has a $100 one-time signup fee and a $29 monthly fee.

For the $100 one-time signup, they get an appointment (which should get a certain specific email with a link to make their appointment.)

But obviously that would not apply to the $29 monthly billing which also emails them a receipt.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

John
Comments
  • cfncfn Member
    edited May 2008
    Could I use a "downloadable product" functionality to serve this purpose? Oooh, thats a good idea if its possible...

Can the downloadable product be a link, or does it have to be a file?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    s9: the functionality you're describing is why we built in custom emails available per product category. As an example: if someone buys 3 books and a conference registration, you could put the conference registration in a different product category and send a specific email when products in that category are purchased.

I'm not sure you'd want to confuse people with the downloadable... unless they would be buying a gym membership packet of some kind. Downloadables are files, not links.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Yeah, downloadables actually behave a bit differently so I wouldn't recommend that either.

But if you wanted a link, you could add the link to the category receipt email and you'd be good to go.

If you need more flexibility I just wrote a script that generates a receipt email from the FoxyCart XML. I haven't posted it yet but let me know if you need it.