timeout on download - dl.php

sgrohitsgrohit Member
in Help edited May 2008
A customer of mine has reported a timeout when attempting to download files from links sent in the email receipt:

"We received timeout errors while attempting to download the music files associated with the individual links listed below. In essence, a download window popped up but timed out attempting to download 'dl.php'."

I spoke with the customer and he was opening the links from within Microsoft Outlook, which opened a 'window' in IE 7. The fact that he sees 'dl.php' is suspicious. When I tested the links in his email, I saw nothing but the appropriate files. Is this some kind of failed redirect?

Has anyone seen anything similar or know what might be the culprit here?
Thanks very much.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    I've seen that once before, a LONG time ago, and I'd thought we'd fixed it...
    We'll figure this out and let you know when it's fixed, or if we need additional information.

Any chance you know what version of Outlook?
  • sgrohitsgrohit Member
    He's running Vista, so it has to be Outlook 2003 or 2007. I'll find out which one.
  • sgrohitsgrohit Member
    He's running Outlook 2007 12.0.6x SP1.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    sgrohit, is this something that is reproduced by your customer every time they try to click the link or was it a one time thing?
  • sgrohitsgrohit Member
    It's reproduced every time. I had him describe the behavior to me, and then he walked me through it over the phone. I also asked him to make sure there weren't any other dialog boxes, etc. that he forgot to acknowledge.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We've been looking around for some other examples of this, but haven't found any examples of problems with Outlook 07. We'll have to get a development environment up with the same system to reproduce this. It may actually be a security setting in IE7 as well. What version of IE7 is he using and what security settings are enabled?

Thanks so much for helping us debug this issue.
  • sgrohitsgrohit Member
    edited May 2008
    He's got Internet Explorer version 7.0.6X, running on Vista Ultimate. I'm not sure about the security settings... it may take me a while to get them from him.