SCHEDULED DOWNTIME this weekend, Sat/Sun 2010-11-06/07

brettbrett FoxyCart Team
in Important News edited November 2010
Hello all.
We have been working on some major server improvements most of this year, and to cut a long story short we're going to be migrating from our current hosting partner to Firehost, which will ease our continued growth and security/compliance burdens.

We are very (very) excited about this move, but in order to make it happen we will need to take the entire FoxyCart.com system down for a period of time. We anticipate a 2 hour window, but are blocking out 3 hours to be safe.
US, PST: 2010-11-06 22:00-01:00 PST
US, EST: 2010-11-07 01:00-03:00 EST
International, GMT: 2010-11-07 05:00-08:00

Please see the status.foxycart.com notice for complete details (which also will be emailed to every FoxyCart admin user), and post here if you have any questions.

IF YOU'RE USING BLUEFIN or ORBITAL, or have otherwise tied specific functionality to FoxyCart's IP address (which you generally shouldn't be doing), you'll need to update that IP to [coming soon] (emailed to Bluefin users already).
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited November 2010
    Dates were just corrected from October to November. I mean, really, how did we mess that up? Sorry again.
    We're back online. If you notice anything broken please let us know.
  • Hi Brett - I don't know if this is related - but a site that we launched on Wednesday - which has had a number of sales; developed a bug over the downtime period - where it adds a long line of digits to shipping and handelling fees!

The digits don't seem to bear any relation to anything on the system:

For a £1 item - which should have £5 added for shipping:

Shipping & Handling: 4999999999999999e-12700000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    Order Total: 59999999999999985e-1270000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

For an item that is £38 and doesn't have any shipping - but does have 17.5% VAT added to it:

Subtotal: 38.00
    Handling: 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    Order Total: 29999999999999993e-1270000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

We have taken the site down - but if you would like to login to see the site errors let me know -

I've tried adding new products (which are also affected) i've tried using the default cart and checkout templates (same problem) and i've tried adding different shipping costs / tax costs - and to no avail - it spits out this really long number...

Any thoughts?

Many thanks -
    All the best
    James
  • Hi Brett - i've also just tried upgrading the store to 0.7 to see if that helped and it didn't (if thats useful) -

All the best
    James
  • Hi,

I got this error today but I thought it was due your work/updating you carried out today..
    this screenshot

I'm not sure why i'm getting this because to the best of my memory I haven't touched the code for days
  • We're getting this too on our site. Happened around 8:30-9 AM and is still persisting. We hadn't touched the site either minus modifying an FAQ.

Jade
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey James, what store is this for? Thanks for posting, we'll definitely take a look.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Is this for the Print Club London? It looks like there are some issues with the locale settings on the new server. We'll dig into it and get it resolved.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Ok, all fixed. The locales on the new system didn't match what the old system had so the currency formatting got really screwy. Once we generated all of the locales based on how the old system was setup, everything started working again. Thanks so much for posting and letting us know about the issue so we could get it resolved.
  • Luke - you are a superstar - thank you so much - what a lovely fix to read in the morning! Really appreciate it - just checked it all out and it is working perfectly.

All the best
    James
    Hi Lee and Jade.
    Could each of you paste in the first few lines of what you see [url=view-source:http://static.foxycart.com/scripts/colorbox/1.3.9/style1_fc/colorbox.css]here[/url]?

It should be this:
    /*
        ColorBox Core Style
        The following rules are the styles that are consistant between themes.
        Avoid changing this area to maintain compatability with future versions of ColorBox.
    */
    #colorbox, #cboxOverlay, #cboxWrapper{position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:9999; overflow:hidden;}

The issue (as it appears) is that you're _not_ seeing this. The problem is that you _should_ be. Once you check what you're seeing, try clearing your browser cache and seeing if that fixes the issue.

(In speaking with Jade earlier I know her iPhone was seeing this same behavior, which makes the issue _very_ strange. Also, we can't replicate this behavior at all across multiple computers, browsers, and iPhones. So whatever it is, it's not affecting everybody.)
  • Hi Brett

Same issue here even after clearing out browser cache. Different machines and browsers - IE7 and Firefox 3.
    Pasting lines as you requested Lee and Jade.

/*
    ColorBox Core Style
    The following rules are the styles that are consistant between themes.
    Avoid changing this area to maintain compatability with future versions of ColorBox.
    */
    #colorbox, #cboxOverlay, #cboxWrapper{position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:9999; overflow:hidden;}
    #cboxOverlay{position:fixed; width:100%; height:100%;}
    #cboxMiddleLeft, #cboxBottomLeft{clear:left;}
    #cboxContent{position:relative; overflow:hidden;}
    #cboxLoadedContent{overflow:auto;}
    #cboxLoadedContent iframe{display:block; width:100%; height:100%; border:0;}
    #cboxTitle{margin:0;}
    #cboxLoadingOverlay, #cboxLoadingGraphic{position:absolute; top:0; left:0; width:100%;}
    #cboxPrevious, #cboxNext, #cboxClose, #cboxSlideshow{cursor:pointer;}

Andy
  • Hi colorbox has stopped working on my site www.varietyofearthlygoodies.com/vegshop.html its is loading at the top of the page instead of as a pop up. Any ideas?
  • alamelualamelu Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi Brett,

After clearing cache and pasting the css, the issue is same.

#colorbox, #cboxOverlay, #cboxWrapper{position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:9999; overflow:hidden;} // this line is already in the css http://static.foxycart.com/scripts/colorbox/1.3.9/style1_fc/colorbox.css.

Store: www.ldsmusicnow.com
  • Hi I'm also getting the same problem on the cart but alos on a page that calls for the colorbox for a different functionality http://img.skitch.com/20101108-d8u4teiypg8kw6hqmhjgecectc.jpg

see http://www.varietyofearthlygoodies.com

click on the postcode link
  • Glad i'm not the only one :)

I have it on every browser I have tested so far..

Here is my code..

Sorry it's been compressed..

/* ColorBox Core Style The following rules are the styles that are consistant between themes. Avoid changing this area to maintain compatability with future versions of ColorBox. */ #colorbox, #cboxOverlay, #cboxWrapper{position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:9999; overflow:hidden;} #cboxOverlay{position:fixed; width:100%; height:100%;} #cboxMiddleLeft, #cboxBottomLeft{clear:left;} #cboxContent{position:relative; overflow:hidden;} #cboxLoadedContent{overflow:auto;} #cboxLoadedContent iframe{display:block; width:100%; height:100%; border:0;} #cboxTitle{margin:0;} #cboxLoadingOverlay, #cboxLoadingGraphic{position:absolute; top:0; left:0; width:100%;} #cboxPrevious, #cboxNext, #cboxClose, #cboxSlideshow{cursor:pointer;} /*

thanks
  • Same problem as JamesG. The colorbox has stopped working and its loading at the top of the page without any CSS too.
  • The error seems to be the css stylesheet link called in the following code changed with the new upgrade. The new link should be:

<!-- BEGIN FOXYCART FILES -->
    <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"; type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <script src="http://cdn.foxycart.com/<storename>/foxycart.complete.js"; type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://static.foxycart.com/scripts/colorbox/1.3.9/style1_fc/colorbox.css"; type="text/css" media="screen" charset="utf-8" />
    <!-- END FOXYCART FILES -->
  • Hey guys - Not sure if this is related to the maintenance yesterday or not, but we have no data in Foxy admin for transactions yesterday (nov. 7), even though about 50 transactions went through the store (and on to our django admin from Foxy). (For 12S store). Please help!
  • gaikgaik Member
    edited November 2010
    HI guys, I have had the same problem as bethanyw, transactions are coming in through eway.com.au but nothing on our foxycart transactions report. All was working perfectly before the maintenance window. Our store is www.philosophywa.com.au. I've upgraded to 7.0 and pasted the new code into the header.php, I've also updated all the templates as well. However, when I get to the checkout and hit proceed, no receipt comes up and no email is sent to either the recipient or admin email, and a blank white screen appears instead. This is happening no matter which form is being used or which page it is from.
    Can you help?
    Thanks
  • AndyDeeAndyDee Member
    edited November 2010
    digital1 -
    Did you mean the stylesheet link SHOULD_BE "..../1.3.9/style1_fc/colorbox.css"? Having read this thread I checked the source and removed the "underscore fc" in my code to "..../1.3.9/style1/colorbox.css" and this brought back the modal window as it should be. I haven't tried in Chrome but am now confused as v7.1 sample code has the additional "_fc" in the link but that appears to be what is breaking it!

Edit:- Just realised that doing that brings back the modal window but loses the "Continue Shopping>>" link in the bottom right corner and goes back to the "X" close.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @randomboyuk1: You're welcome.
    @JamesG: Do you have any FoxyCart includes on that site? I don't see them anywhere... without the FoxyCart javascript includes, it won't work.
    @digital1: what site are you referring to?
    @bethanyw: we'll look into it and get back to you
    @gaik: we just rolled out a fix for eWay related to the server move so things should be working correctly now.
  • Hi my includes are at the bottom of the html all present and correct I hope
  • mmm. I see what you mean. My developer has downloaded the file and its being called in as fc.js
  • Hi Luke, all working again now, thanks to you all, really appreciate the quick response.
  • hi guys. I wanted to see if you could tell me why my cart isn't working in Chrome. It appears to work in all other browsers, but when you add a product with Chrome the cart just goes to the top left of the screen.

betsyscheesestraws.com

Thanks as always.
    edited November 2010
    [font=#Courier New]UPDATE ON ISSUES, 2010.11.08 (Monday) 4:40pm PST:[/font]

Closed issues:
    * Crazy huge numbers on different locales: Resolved.
    * eWAY error: Resolved.
    * Issue with filtering transactions from 2010-11-07--2010-11-07 not showing (but showing when filtering by other dates): We just rolled out a fix for this (6:47pm PST). It was completely unrelated to the server move and was an 070 bug related to the daylight savings time switch over.

Open issues:
    * Colorbox not getting CSS applied, displaying up top of the page: Open, discussed below.

Colorbox not getting CSS applied, displaying up top of the page:
    So this one is _really_ confusing me. What it _looks_ like is that the Colorbox css file just isn't being applied. We've tested on every computer we have access to (multiple Macs and Windows machines) and can't reproduce the behavior. If anybody would like to invite me to poke at a computer that _is_ seeing this issue via iChat desktop sharing, LogMeIn, TeamViewer, or whatever, please whisper me. (Yeah, I know that's a lot to ask especially if you're paranoid like we are, but we just can't think of how on earth this would happen.)

Further confusing matters is that the Colorbox CSS that should make Colorbox look right and not wrong seems to load fine for all of you. So... I'm just really at a loss. If you can see that CSS file fine, it should apply fine. But it's not...

UPDATE: If anybody getting this could pop open FIrebug's console tab and see if you get a content-type error about text/html when it should be text/css, let us know.

UPDATE AGAIN: It looks like the mime-type is the issue. Working on a fix now.
    Update again on the Colorbox issue: We've pushed out a fix that should be propagated worldwide within the next hour or so. If you're still having problems after a few hours please let us know. Sorry for this issue. Our new server had a very small issue that we just totally missed.
  • Hi Brett, thanks for your perseverance. Will try it out in a couple of hours.
  • Make sure you clear cache.

I was having the same colorbox issue a while ago. After clearing the cache everything work fine.