The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

datafeed weirdness

swensorswensor Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited December 2010
Hey all,

So I am having a hard time getting my datafeed to work consistently. It spontaneously will give me this error: No data returned for http://cgcw.com/cgcw/cgnew.aspx [404] . I find this a strange error, since it occurs on maybe one out of three transactions, and I have been unable to manually replicate a 404 response code from this script. We do have some service issues with our host so i'm wondering if the connection is straight up timing out, or what. What circumstances can cause this 404 error to come from your datafeed? I'm trying to decide where to start debugging. Thanks!

swensor
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hmm... very interesting. Here's a thought... do you know if their 500 error page is in place? It sounds crazy, but I've seen situations where the server throws a 500 and tries to load the error page... which can't be found so a 404 page comes up. When you reprocess the same transaction, does it go through just fine? If so, then it's probably not something with your datafeed script or the data in the transaction but something intermittent with the server itself. If they were tweaking with virtual hosts or something like that it's possible the request couldn't get routed to the right location while they were messing with it.

Good luck and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.
  • Heyy

Thanks for the quick response. Let me take a look at some of your ideas I think they are going somewhere. It does feed successfully when I go to re-feed the failed ones, I believe every time I have tried. I'm going to try this 500 thing and see if I can't get some kind of replication of your behavior, but indeed I find it unlikely my script is throwing that many 500 errors. I'll let you know what I find.

swensor
  • Yea I don't think it's being caused by a 500 causing a 404, I just tried a couple things on my server. Do you think the 404 errors could mean there's a connection timeout or something? We are getting occasional service interruptions with our host and I'm wondering if that's what is causing this to happen. Thanks
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    That would be a question for your host, ultimately. It depends on the nature of their outage. If they aren't serving the correct page, maybe they are serving 404's instead.