Download Script - Error for Non-Downloadable Products

gyniferhgyniferh Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited December 2010
It seems that for my products that are not downloads, this error is recurring:

DataFeed Failed: (2642075) 2010-12-15 13:35:06 Datafeed Returned: Error: Invalid product (trans: 2642075, prod: , price: 5.00) Error: No link was generated for transaction #2642075

I don't need a link generated for this transaction - but something in how I have it set up is causing it to want to generate a link for ALL my products.

I have only two product categories, 'default' and 'mp3messages'. If a product is not in the downloadable 'mp3 messages' category, I do not set a category with that link.

I'd like to figure out how to stop the error. Thanks for any insight.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    resolved via whispers. :)
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Is there a way to not receive datafeed errors via email? Our client requested to not receive them.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @ministrypixel At this point, the only way would be to remove the admin user from the store. Is there a reason it's generating errors in the first place?

What I'd recommend at this point (if he really doesn't want them, which maybe is ok since I assume you're getting them and responding) would be to set up a mail filter in the mail client. Would that work?
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    If someone orders a tangible product, there is a feed error. The same with tangible and downloadable. I thought I saw a workaround for this in the forums a while back.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @ministrypixel: Here's what I sent @gyniferh a while back:

Try replacing the generateLink.php file with this: http://pastie.org/private/agzglnalt6fyvz9y9z85g

I haven't tested that myself, but @gyniferh reported that it seemed to do the trick, so make sure you test. If you get any errors let me know.

Also, let me know if it does work for you so we can update what's on the wiki.