The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

jquery modify shipping service text?

oskayoskay Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2011
Looks like USPS goofed up their API today (see http://drupal.org/node/1012520 for independent confirmation ), which is causing ugliness at our store.

Is there a way to override the text for the different shipping service names, perhaps through checkout javascript?
Comments
  • foxybafoxyba Member
    edited January 2011
    Yes, I just noticed this too... on the checkout page the USPS shipping options now look like:

Priority Mail & l t ; s u p & g t ; & a m p ; r e g ; & l t ; / s u p & g t ; Small Flat Rate Box

(spaces added above)

Definitely something that needs to be addressed... can Foxycart re-parse this XML on their end to fix the ugliness?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    We're taking a look at this. Looks like it's impacting a bunch of systems out there. We hope to have a fix shortly.
  • Yeah, I noticed this as well.

In addition - we have two options set up for domestic shipping: First Class and Priority. On checkout Priority is the only option that's being offered.
  • Thanks-- you guys are the best!
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    Hi all,

I have a fix for this issue working locally and am waiting to test on our server. Will do my level best to get this rolled out in the next few hours.

best,
    - Fred.
    @tilteed Is that a change from previous behavior? First Class isn't always offered depending on what you're trying to mail (weight).
  • Brett-

I posted this in a different thread also. But First Class in no longer showing up as an option in our store either. Only Priority Mail. Weight isn't the issue. Items (minimal weight) that should be showing First Class as an option are only given Priority as the cheapest option.
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    Hi all,

I've rolled the USPS text fix to production. I'm not sure if what you're seeing with the First Class option has to do with USPS' API update as well, but I'll take a look.
  • Hi Fred,
    Thanks for fixing this! It's working on our store now.

I really appreciate your quickness; there's nothing like garbage characters on a checkout page to frighten off customers. :D
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    It seems that USPS changed the names of their first-class "parcel" rate from "First-Class Parcel" to "First-Class Package," which threw off our shipping system. I've fixed that problem and it works for me now in your stores; please let me know if you have any other issues.
  • Awesome, you guys rock as usual!
  • The USPS update is now giving buyers at our store the option to select "Postcards," "Letter," or "Large Envelope" (in addition to the normal First-Class Package and Priority options) when they buy something less than an ounce (stickers, etc.). How do I keep the "Postcards" and "Letter" rates from showing up as an option?
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    Hey, we see that problem too. Looks like USPS is offering extra First-Class options all of a sudden and, unfortunately, we have a bug that prevents you from turning them off. We are currently testing a fix to the problem and will roll it out to production tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
    We'll move discussions about this to this thread:
    http://forum.foxycart.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4105
    Thanks everybody for your patience and assistance with reporting issues as we've been dealing with this.
  • fredfred FoxyCart Team
    As noted in that thread that Brett linked to, we've just rolled out a fix for the "extra shipping options" problem. Please try it out when you get a chance and leave any further questions or comments on the other thread.
  • Great! Thanks for your fast work!