Step 3 - Ship To: Me

paulthainpaulthain Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2011
By default Step 3 on our Checkpage is "Use New Address", followed by the empty address box

How do we change this default to "Use Billing Address" (thereby showing no empty address box unless New Address is selected)

Thank you

Paul
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Hey Paul,

There isn't a setting to change this in the administration, but something could be achieved using javascript. In essence, you'd look through all of the ship to headings, and if the text is equal to "Me" change the drop down related to that ship to address to the "Use billing address" option.

How's your handle on javascript?
  • paulthainpaulthain Member
    edited January 2011
    Oh dear, I've no understanding of Javascript - can u help?

Strange thing is, the cart at stageplays.co.uk does what I want (above) straight out of the box

Why is that?

And why does the Foxy default show the long-winded version that the great majority of customers don't want to use? ie most customers ship to the billing address

One of the USPs of Foxy is brevity/focus - surely you should at least offer this as a tick option in Admin?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Can you whisper me a link to where you're seeing that, Paul? How your stageplays.co.uk is set up is how it should be. If it's not it's likely either a javascript error or perhaps some javascript intentionally put there by somebody else or for another reason? It should _definitely_ default to not showing the extra fields for shipping address.