Checkout Formatting Issues

jitpaljitpal Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2011
I believe this is a bug and not just me but I thought I would throw this out there. I was just playing around the checkout. Here's what's going on:
1. No comma in the quantity
2. 2 Shipping & Handling Lines (1 TBD and the 1 $0.00). Once you select a shipping method, only one line remains.
3. No comma in the tax
4. No comma in the order total

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36992230@N08/5319785611/

That's a screenshot to the issues. I don't get orders like that, I doubt many do, but I was playing around. Anyway, here's hoping.

Edit: I forgot to include. I'm on 0.70.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Holy cow do you really do credit card transactions at those levels? I hope you have a really good merchant account provider ;)

So to clarify: Is the question with the duplicate S&H lines? Or the lack of commas in the tax and grand total? Or both? (I'll assume all of it.)

We'll take a look and let you know.
  • Not regularly, if I did, why would I be building my own company's website? :D

Although, since everything we do is in quantity it isn't unusual to have a 10k+ of any particular product sold. Nor is it unusual to have orders well into the thousands. I was just playing with extremes to see what would happen. If we do get an order that size, we generally do a bank transfer or something. Here's hoping that through testing and error fixing I get orders similar to this.

I think to fix the comma errors, it's just a basic php number_format or money_format or something. Obviously, nothing I can do from my end. I have no clue why there are two S&H lines though. Thanks
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited January 2011
    The issue with the currency formatting is that it's less a server side thing and more a client side thing at that point, which complicates things a little since javascript has no built in functions for that, and since some currencies and locales use . for , and vice versa. That said, we'll take a look to see if it's a quick fix or if it'll have to come in a future version.

Off topic: Do you do the customization (of your products) in-house with your own machinery? I'm going through a super geeked-out-on-How-It's-Made (the tv show) phase so I'm imagining giant machines whirling about, plotting the destruction of mankind.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey jitpal. It looks like FC.formatter.currency method doesn't handle the thousands separators but it should. We'll plan on fixing this in a future release. If you can't wait, you can always override that method and define your own which includes something like this: http://www.mredkj.com/javascript/nfbasic.html

As for the duplicate S&H lines, I think that can happen when some of the products in the cart are flat rate products and some are waiting for live rates. It's a little funky, but once the live rates get fired up when the required information is entered, I think it cleans itself up.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Actually, that just bothered me so I went ahead and pushed out a fix to 071 to take care of this. You'll have to do a hard refresh on the checkout page to pull down the latest checkout.js file. We'll update the cache buster once we finish up some other testing for 071 we're doing.
  • @luke Thanks. Funny story, I refreshed and tried to see if it worked about a dozen different ways. Got frustrated and came back here to complain. Then I read that you pushed it to 071, when I'm using 070. I can't wait for 071 to be stable and no longer beta so I can upgrade.

@brett We don't really do anything in house and the only machines we own are a few macs and a few dells. I have had the honor of touring some of those factories and it's really cool. Some are old fashioned where a guy literally puts a blank pen into a vice and then pulls the machine down to stamp. Others are completely automized from the construction to the customization to the packaging. Really, it looks like something out of the Jetsons. It's weird, you wouldn't think it's cool just hearing about but when you stand there and watch it, you kinda wonder when the machines are going to rebel because they really don't need us.