Feature Request

ChuckTrukkChuckTrukk Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited June 2008
It would be nice to have an option to auto-update the foxycart store whenever a new version is introduced. And/or have an email sent to the store administrator when a new version is introduced.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    We usually do emails. I think we missed the last email. My fault. We'll definitely email in the future.

As far as auto-updating... that might be a nice option, but one of the things we set out to avoid was the typical hosted service drama that occurs when they update their systems without notice. (I'm looking at you, LivePerson.) I personally hate that, and if there's a chance for us to break a store with an update, I don't want to take it.

But maybe that's just me?
  • No you're right. That's why I thought there could be an option. I've got 5-6 clients on fc now, and it would be nice to have for a few customers. Bigger clients, I would want to manually update and check it. That's why I thought there could be an option. But I think it would probably be a waste.

I'm thinking of this for clients who dont want to spend money. But I can just show them how to update, and check it when they get an email.

So good point- I dont think it would be worth it. Just a note for me to show them that process when they sign-up.