Have a moment to answer a few questions? We'd love your feedback on working with FoxyCart templates: Click here for more information
Checkout errors -- card not accepted and "enter a valid country"
  • Just over the last week, we've had several people email us to say that they want to purchase something from our website, but that their card is being declined. We looked at the error record and noticed that they (and several additional people) haven't been able to complete their transactions. Here are the reasons:

There was an error processing your payment: (10566 Credit card type unsupported) The credit card type is not supported.

Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10566 Credit card type unsupported) The credit card type is not supported (Unknown card)

Error: There was an error processing your payment: (15005 Processor Decline) This transaction cannot be processed.

Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10566 Credit card type unsupported) The credit card type is not supported.

Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10746 Invalid Data) This transaction cannot be processed. Please use a valid country on the billing address.

This appears to ONLY have begun in 2011 -- and I'm not quite sure what the problem is...any ideas?

I'm using Foxycart to link to my Paypal Pro account, if that matters.
  • brettbrett
    FoxyCart Team
    Hi Jennifer.
    This link might help with some general info:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/primer/errors

Your store's error log shows that some of those errors were occurring as far back as 2009, and with the version you're on we haven't made any changes to things (in that version) lately.

This page may help a little. The 15005 error means the bank declined it, which can happen for insufficient funds, a lost or stolen card, or etc. The bank doesn't provide more info, but those errors happen with some regularity. The other errors look valid in that they are "real" errors as reported by the gateway.

The one in particular you probably want to look at is 10566. I see an error for that in August and October 2010, but if you're seeing a lot more lately you should check with your PayPal account to see if perhaps something's changed. I believe there were some changes to agreements that might have needed to agree to to continue processing certain card types. So if you're seeing that a lot lately it's likely something's changed on that end.

Let us know what you discover, but ultimately a gateway error is just that: FoxyCart submitted the data and the gateway said there was a problem. While we try to validate data before sending to the gateway there are problems that only the gateway will catch and report. Sometimes they may indicate a bug in FoxyCart, but usually they just indicate a real problem with the payment attempt.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion