The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Gateway errors (Quantum) - help!

BillDABillDA Member
in Help edited January 2011
I just checked my error log and found a TON of the following error. I tried Googling and reading the wiki, but can't find any mention of it. I have a ton of declined transactions with this error:
Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10448 Unconfirmed email) A confirmed email is required to make this API call.

What should I do?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Bill.
    Odd that the PayPal docs say that's a 10446 not 10448 error, but that error looks to be coming from PayPal. The first thing is to check what the error is reporting: Is your PayPal email address (as entered in FoxyCart) confirmed?

Also, is the PayPal email address entered in your FoxyCart admin the primary email address for your account? Sometimes you can have multiple email addresses, and using one other than the primary address sometimes can cause problems.

If your email address is confirmed and the primary... let us know. Typically the error messages are correct in pinpointing the issue, but that particular issue hasn't come up before as far as I'm aware.
  • Ah ha - I think it was a PayPal error. I've confirmed my email with PayPal and also changed my FoxyCart email address to match the PayPal address. Let's see if I keep getting those emails - will report back in a few days.