Free shipping for US, live rates for International

owlzowlz Member
in Help edited January 2011
Hi, I'm running FC v0.5.1. It is not an option at this time to upgrade to the latest version.

Is there a way, using v051, to make shipping free for domestic (USA) orders, but use live FedEx rates for International orders?

Thanks for your help.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @owlz. You should be able to go to your shipping page in your admin, and under "custom" check the "free ground shipping" option. That'll only show for domestic (same destination country as your store's country).

Then configure FedEx to only do international rates.

Then test.

Then test some more ;)

Let us know if you have any issues along the way.
  • Thanks. Giving that a shot now. I will follow up if I run into any more questions.

BTW, I did not receive an email notification even though I'm subscribed to this discussion.
  • Hi,

I've got the same request, but here I need to offer flat rate shipping for the "home" customers, is there somewhere I can edit/rename "free ground shipping" and add a flat rate to it?

Thanks!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited July 2011
    @Zaigham,

So just to clarify, you're wanting to use live rates for international shipping, but anything domestic you want to ship at a flat rate?

If that is the case, you'll need to use some javascript to achieve that. Maybe try pasting this right before the closing
    </head>

tag in your checkout template:
    var customFlatRate = 100;
    jQuery("#fc_shipping_methods_inner").ajaxComplete(function(event, request, settings) {
    if (settings.url.indexOf('GetShippingCost') != -1) {
    if (jQuery("#shipping_service_59").length == 1) {
    jQuery("#shipping_service_59").val('59|'+customFlatRate).siblings("span.fc_shipping_cost").html('<span class="fc_currency_symbol">$</span>'+customFlatRate);
    }
    }
    });

To rename the free ground shipping option, navigate to the 'languages' section of the administration and you can edit the 'Free Ground Shipping' label there.