AUSTRALIAN gateways and merchant accounts

evolveORdieevolveORdie Member
in Important News edited February 2011
G'day.

Just to let everyone now, so they save the time I didn't. Paypal's Website Payments Pro IS NOT AVAILABLE until at least May for Australians. If you want to charge and settle in USD the only option is eway/NAB. And even if foxycart added worldpay support (who offer an international merchant account), just beware that they take a month to settle any transaction, and there are lots of charges at every point. Plus do a google search for reviews on them and you'll be shocked (mostly ALL negative)
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    To clarify:
    https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/?cmd=_wp-pro-overview-outside
    Is the USD-based account from Australia what's not currently available? Their site makes it look (a LOT) like it's available currently, and we show it as available in Australia on our wiki, but if that's not the case let us know.
  • NicoleNicole Member
    edited April 2011
    Yes, you are correct evolveOrdie. I have made several enquires and have found out that Australians can access PayPal Flow and NOT PayPal Pro (sometime this year). So yes, you need to update your wiki to be accurate.

And I have a question about merchant gateways that Foxycart integrate with? I am with a website builder that integrates with US merchant gateways - which I am finding is difficult for Australian's to integrate with, not being in the USA.

Can you please offer some assistance whether you have a select few or can foxycart integrate with many or all merchant gateways?

I am also considering changing to Squarespace, so need to know my options first.

Thank you.
    Nicole
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Hey Nicole,

Can you clarify, are you wanting to know what merchant accounts or payment gateways can be used in the states?
  • Hey fc_adam,

I would like clarification to which merchant gateways I can integrate with Foxycart? Is there a select few or many ie. PayPal Flow (Aus PayPal) or SecurePay? Because with my current website builder, I can only integrate with US merchant gateways.

Thanks!
    Nicole.
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    Nicole,

Does the list on the Wiki not give you what you need?

http://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/start

If this is not what you're looking for, can you clarify?

Thanks,
    Lance
  • Hi Lance,

Excellent! Thank you for sending that through. I didn't know about the Wiki pages... I will check them out and get my information from them.

Thanks!
    Nicole.
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    Nicole,

No problem. I hope you find what need. The Wiki has lots of great stuff in it.

Lance
  • webunderwebunder Member
    edited May 2011
    We've been trying to implement a non hosted solution via PayPal as well. Response to our past enquires from PayPal was somewhat similar to evolveORdie stating that Website Payments Pro IS NOT AVAILABLE with possibility around May 2011. When I saw brett's reply I thought bingo!

However, I had an official response from PayPal today

There’s a mistake with the content on the AU site [I think it was accidentally uploaded from the default US server where it’s actually available].

The product should be called Payflow Pro [https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_payflow-pro-integration-outside] & needs a Merchant Account with the banks to process CC payments.

My apologies for the error..We’ll get it rectified asap.

So the waiting game is still on unfortunately.
  • Hello all, has there been an confirmation on rather Australians can access PayPal Payments Pro through foxycar? Are they still limited to Payflow Pro only?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Hey Jon,

We haven't heard anything yet if anything has changed - but we're also in the process of adding a few additional gateway options for Australia - which bank are you with for your merchant facilities?

In terms of PayPal Website Payments, your best bet would be to contact PayPal and check with them. @evolveOrDie originally mentioned the possibility of it being available after May - so it may be available now. Definitely let us know if you hear anything.