The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Transaction xml not correct (testing)

itisnot_meitisnot_me Member
in Help edited February 2011
ok so i was looking through the transactions and noticed that there was a feed that got sent to my server this morning from a recurring test account. So being the careful person i am i went through and tried to find this log within the DB. At first i did find it but the order total was not the same as it said within the transaction log. In the log it said that the order total was 32 and what got sent to my server was 30. So i went back to the log and re-fed the transaction. And this time it showed the right amount. Even on the receipt it shows the correct amount.

Im not sure what would cause it. and im hoping that it is something that is on your side not mine.
Comments
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @itisnot_me,

When you say that you "went through and tried to find this log within the DB," do you mean your site's own database or do you mean your FoxyCart Transaction Log in the FC Admin Panel?

Are you logging the XML that is received by your system before you process it? If so, have you checked the logged XML?

Regards,
    Lance
  • itisnot_meitisnot_me Member
    edited February 2011
    Yes. I went through my db and looked for the log in my db. I have it set up so that when a transaction xml comes throught it collects the order information cc num, transaction id and the order total so that customer does not have to check there email for the payment history. They view it right in the software.

i collect all the nessasary info that the xml provides

edit: i dont really collect all the xml data into a log. I grab the info i need and then put it directly into my db. No need to keep all the info
    @itisnot_me,

So, if I understand correctly, the total recorded in your database was incorrect, but you don't have the original XML logged anywhere to verify it's contents?

When you parse the XML are you running any type of calculations on it, no matter how minor they may seem, or are you literally just reading it and writing it to your database?

Lance
  • no i dont have the original xml logged somewhere. That would not make sense to do so if i would get 1000 or so subscribers. then ontop of that when/if they update there subscriptions or change there info.

I am not running any calculations. Directly from the xml to the DB. And when i re-fed the transaction i never touched the script or edited it in any way. so for it to not be sending me the correct info to begin with is crazy.

the order total ($order_total = $transaction->order_total;) goes directly to the DB. and i know that the order total is supposed to include any/all items within the subscription. not just one of them
    @itisnot_me -

It may not make sense to log all the XML forever, but it sounds like you are still running test users, so it is probably a good idea to log XML when you are still in testing mode. Even if you are just keeping a log for a few days it could help troubleshoot issues.

Does the $30 match a single item or subset of items from the transactoin, then?

Has this issue impacted any other orders as far as you can tell?

I don't have access to any FC users' transaction logs, obviously, so it looks like I may need to defer to one of the forum admins on this one, unless there's any other information that you think might be helpful in diagnosing the issue.

Lance
  • the 30 does match one item in the cart but there is another item in the cart with the price of 2.

not sure if it has impacted any other orders. this is the first recurring test that has happened.

I know that i have said this before but it doesnt make sense if the same transaction that is fed the first time is not the same info as when i re-fed it. its the same script.

there is nothing i can think of as to why it is not working.

also for when one of the forum admins does reach this post i am talking about the transaction id 2990966
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @itisnot_me, Sorry for the delayed response on our end. Two quick things:
    1) I'd actually agree with Lance in terms of throwing the raw (decrypted) XML in the DB, if for no other reason than it might come in handy, especially while testing. I've done that in the past just to sanity check myself, like you're doing now. Not required, of course, but could be useful. (Then again, I hear what you're saying, and you're not actually doing anything to it other than grabbing data, so I get you there.)

2) This does indeed look to be an issue on our end. As far as I can tell this is a new issue we haven't seen before, but we'll definitely want to take a look at asap. We'll get back to you as soon as we have details, which hopefully won't be too long.
  • so i was looking at the transaction login within the admin i do see a little problem that might help you. before you open the transaction with the + it says that the cost is 30. and when you open up the transaction the Order Total is 32.

hopefully it helps you with a place to start
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    We think we have a fix for this. Testing and testing and testing, then rolling out. We'll keep you posted. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We just rolled out a fix for this. Please update this thread if you see any issues: http://forum.foxycart.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4240