FoxyCart Meetup San Francisco / Bay Area! April ~4/5/6?

brettbrett FoxyCart Team
in Important News edited March 2011
Hello FC users!
I know there area fair amount of users in the Bay Area of California, and I'll be in San Francisco for a seminar on April 4-5. At this point the plans are still flexible, so I'd love feedback on where a good place to meet might be. We did a meetup in Nashville a while back at a brewery that worked out pretty well, but I don't know the SF area.

So... evening of Monday the 4th, Tuesday the 5th, or Sunday the 3rd? Good location that's central, easy parking or public transportation, decent neighborhood?

Let us know. Luke won't be there but I will, and I think at least @Lance will be there. If you're nearby I'd love to meet in person.
Comments
  • Maybe Custom Burger? There's usually street parking available, which is a plus for those of us driving up from the south bay.
  • I think the brewery route might work well. 21st Amendment Brewery is fairly accessible, and there's plenty of parking after 5pm.
  • Wow cool! - Sounds like fun I would like to make it up from HQ in Santa Cruz, CA
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Awesome. Looking forward to this. Potentially more important than the location is the date. I'm assuming that Sunday may work better than Monday, but does anybody have a strong preference either way?
    edited March 2011
    I've talked to a few people and I think we can decide on Sunday the 3rd.

[Edit. See next comment.]
    @razorfrog, not to ignore your suggestion, but how would everybody feel about doing something near the airport, perhaps one of these in Burlingame? I'll be without wheels, and both Custom Burger and 21 Amendment Brewery are pretty far, but I'll be within walking distance of those restaurants I linked to.

There's the Steelhead Brewery, which may be the best bet. Anybody super opposed to that? At this point I think we have more people coming from south of SF than from north of SF, so hopefully this works out well.
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    Steelhead sounds fine to me. What time are we thinking for Sunday?
    Let's say 6:30. Here's the Facebook event page:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176234035757192
    Looking forward to meeting everybody.
  • Sorry to miss meeting all of you - I am out of town until the end of next week...

next time for sure!
    Nobody wants to RSVP on Facebook? Might just be me and Lance (who hasn't RSVP'd either ;).

Or I can create an Evite or something if people aren't into the FB.
  • I would have - but I am not on FB ( can you imagine? :-)