Checkout Pet Peeves

sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited March 2011
There are a few issues with the FoxyCart checkout that have always bugged me that I wanted to mention.

1) When I hold the mouse over the Verification Code "?" the tooltip pops up and gets in the way of the jtip (at least it does in FF). I can't get it out of the way because moving the mouse makes the jtip go away. I don't think there should be an ALT or a TITLE on that item. This fixes it but....
$("#fc_help_cvv2_link").attr("alt","").attr("title","");

2) This is the bigee: When I click Country or State and start typing the autocomplete helps me get the right value in there. Cool. I hit Enter or Tab to select the right value and then my focus goes away. I want to hit tab to get to the next field, but my focus is completely gone. I have to click on the field again to get it to come back. This just seems like a real problem when someone is trying to fill out a form and we don't want to cause them distractions. I sort of fixed it by putting this in the template:
$("#customer_state_name").blur(function() { $("#customer_postal_code").focus(); });

...but maybe there's something else going on? Here are a few suggestions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1232379/setting-the-focus-to-the-next-input-in-jquery for moving focus to the next input box but it seems like something setting those hidden values is killing the focus.

That's all I've got. Would love to see these get nailed someday.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Hey sparkweb,

Thanks for posting your thoughts. The tabbing in the fields we're aware of, but haven't gotten around to looking at though. It relates to the autocomplete that is used and what goes on behind the scenes with that. We know it is a frustration though. I'll make sure both of those are logged in our systems though.