Add to cart stopped working

sccr410sccr410 Member
in Help edited March 2011
Not sure what happened, but suddenly the Add to Cart buttons just stopped working. The colorbox window never appears.

http://www.aecgroup.net/store/
Comments
  • I just updated the the code, I guess there is new JavaScript and CSS files.
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @sccr410 -

Just to confirm, you have this working now?

Lance
  • Yes, adding the new FoxyCart javascript seemed to fix it - however, not sure why I had to do this, I would assume JS would be backwards compatible.
    @sccr410 -

I'm not sure what you mean by "backwards compatible." Did you make a change somewhere that caused this to stop working?

Lance
  • I hadn't touched the site in about a month - it was working then. I had to update something today (unrelated to the FoxyCart integration), and it wasn't working when I played with things. Simply logging back into the FoxyCart admin and grabbing the FoxyCart JS and Colorbox CSS fixed things. So, I am assuming this is because the old JS/CSS simply wasn't compatible with FoxyCart anymore.
    @sccr410 -

Did you upgrade to a new version of the FoxyCart store in the control panel recently?

Production versions of FoxyCart aren't changed unless there are DIRE reasons to do so, so it doesn't sound like this was a FoxyCart issue. What version of the store are you running? Did you by chance keep a backup of the code you were using before making the change earlier today?

Lance
    @sccr410 -

I just took a look through your source code at the link you provided in your initial post and have a few notes:

1) I see you are on 0.7.1 - when did you upgrade to 0.7.1?
    2) 0.7.1 is not a production release, it is a beta, so there are changes being made to the code that may cause unexpected results.
    3) Are you by chance testing in IE9? There were recent changes made to the code to fix an IE9 compatibility issue with ColorBox and jQuery.

Lance
  • I don't know when I chose the version, I just chose the most recent one when I set things up.

I don't use IE9 at all, don't even have a PC.
    @sccr410 -

Without some additional information, we probably won't be able to track down the specific cause. At the very least, it is working for you now. If you have any other problems that crop up, please let me know.

Lance
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @sccr410, we did make a change recently but there's no way it _should_ have impacted your store. Do you happen to have a copy of the code that wasn't working? We _really_ avoid doing anything that might cause a live store to break, and though v0.7.1's still officially beta there are a lot of live stores on it.

It's worrying that this happened, but barring other reports of problems it is my hunch that perhaps something goofed at a different level (like perhaps a temporary caching issue at the CDN endpoint nearest your location, or on your browser locally). It really, really shouldn't have just randomly stopped working without you touching anything. We've versioned our system the way we have specifically to avoid that possibility.