The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Notification Emails

kscotbarrkscotbarr Member
in Help edited April 2011
Is it possible to have notification email sent to additional emails other than the default for the store? I know that these can be set up per category, but can this be configured for an entire store?
Comments
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @kscotbarr -

You can only setup a single e-mail address to be BCC:ed. If you need additional e-mails to be sent, you can achieve this with relative ease by feeding transaction data to your server with the XML datafeed, and then you can e-mail that out to anyone you like.

Lance
  • Thanks for the response, Lance. I'm sure the method you describe is fairly straightforward, but I'm not a developer so will look for another workaround.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    A simple approach is to just setup a distribution list email. That way you can add and remove users without having to change anything in FoxyCart. Most email providers today should have a way to set this up for you.
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    The approach @luke mentions is the best one if you just need multiple people to get every e-mail. If you need to do any type of processing to determine to whom they should go, that might not work as well.

Lance
  • Hi, dumb question but where is this email to address configured? What field exactly? I can't find any that says "here's the email address to which orders will be sent as BCC confirmation". . .
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    It's in the "settings" in your admin. You can blame the admin ;)