Notification Emails

kscotbarrkscotbarr Member
in Help edited April 2011
Is it possible to have notification email sent to additional emails other than the default for the store? I know that these can be set up per category, but can this be configured for an entire store?
Comments
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @kscotbarr -

You can only setup a single e-mail address to be BCC:ed. If you need additional e-mails to be sent, you can achieve this with relative ease by feeding transaction data to your server with the XML datafeed, and then you can e-mail that out to anyone you like.

Lance
  • Thanks for the response, Lance. I'm sure the method you describe is fairly straightforward, but I'm not a developer so will look for another workaround.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    A simple approach is to just setup a distribution list email. That way you can add and remove users without having to change anything in FoxyCart. Most email providers today should have a way to set this up for you.
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    The approach @luke mentions is the best one if you just need multiple people to get every e-mail. If you need to do any type of processing to determine to whom they should go, that might not work as well.

Lance
  • Hi, dumb question but where is this email to address configured? What field exactly? I can't find any that says "here's the email address to which orders will be sent as BCC confirmation". . .
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    It's in the "settings" in your admin. You can blame the admin ;)