disable email checking on checkout

drwagner13drwagner13 Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited April 2011
I am setting up a guest-only checkout system. I've got the default setting for the checkout to checkout as guest, and I've hidden the radio button options to create an account or checkout as guest. Trouble is, the email address verification puts up a notice "That email address doesn't belong to any previously saved accounts. Please select "create an account" below if you'd like to save your details for your next visit." But those aren't options for us. We simply don't want users to create accounts.

What's a good strategy to disable this verification and messaging?

[0.7.0]
Comments
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    @drwagner13 -

In the admin panel Templates > Checkout > Checkout Type you can set "Allow guests only" and it won't check for user accounts. In this case, you won't need to hide the radio buttons yourself.

Does this help?

Lance
  • This is great. I'm so glad this is an option. I think it must not have been a couple of years ago when I was using a previous version of foxycart, so I'm really glad these various hoops have been eliminated! I personally hate sites that require me to create an account to buy one thing, especially when I'm unlikely to revisit the site more than once a year, of ever at all!