a9ka9k Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited May 2011
Repeatability 100% in 071 admin.
    [li]Setup: admin.foxycart.com > reports > transactions[/li]
    [li]Filter for Live and a date range[/li]
    [li]click the export link[/li]
    [li]UNCHECK the "Include Transaction Details" (this is the trigger)[/li]
    [li]save either CSV or Tab-Delimited file.[/li]

Now examine the exported file in a text editor.
There is a missing double quote at the end of every data line (labels excepted).

I noticed this when I imported. I got errors about more that 255 columns per row.
The last column is shipping_phone. It's the one that isn't quoted properly.

While you're in that code area (export to file): possible improvement
The accountant checked details because of the too many columns problem. She then was upset when she totaled the detailed orders. She summed the order_total column and it didn't match PayPal. Much confusion reigned until she notice dup transaction numbers.

So maybe only the first line of the transaction should have the *_total fields, then sums on columns could work everywhere.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Thanks again @a9k. Looks like it should be an easy one to fix (on the quote issue), and we'll look into the suggested improvement as well. Luke will update as soon as the quote thing is resolved.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We just rolled out some code to solve the quote issue in version 070 and 071. Thanks for letting us know about it.

As for the csv change, that's a great idea. I created a ticket for it but we can't change it in a live version since some stores may already be developing things based off of the current structure. Thanks for the ideas though.