Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Updating Multiship jQuery Code

sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited June 2011
http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/foxycart/multiship_javascript_070

I've run across a couple problems on the jQuery code for Multiship and have corrected these in the sample code in the wiki (and updated code version to 2.2)

Issue 1: Clear out the field that holds the new name so it's fresh the next time you want to add a new recipient.

Issue 2: If you are using hmac verification, jQuery('input[name="shipto"] won't pick up the shipto field. It needs to be: jQuery('input[name^="shipto"] which means "field name starts with shipto". This seems to work better on my multiship integrations.

Issue 3: Really a sub-issue of 2, I was getting a lot of 'undefined' values set in my cookies so I trapped for that as a non-displayer along with 'null' and ''. Also, don't show divider option if there aren't any valid shipto options.

The only thing I wanted to check on with those who know better, is that I took out some jQuery('input[name$="shipto"] (which means "shipto" at end of name) in favor of the more open-ended ~="shipto" because in hmac verification, the field name won't end in "shipto" any more. If you just wanted to get the 2:shipto and 3:shipto, it could be name~=":shipto" but I'm not sure if that's really necessary.

2.2 posted. Thoughts?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    I reviewed the changes on the wiki, but can you clarify issue 1?

Issue 2: Nice catch.
    Issue 3: Nice.

Thanks for improving that. Greatly appreciated, as always ;)
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Oh sure... issue 1: If I type in "Herbert" as a new recipient and add to cart, all is fine. If I click Continue Shopping and go back to the page and would like to order another widget for my friend Maude, I click on the dropdown, select "Add New Recipient" and "Herbert" is still in the box where I would like to enter Maude. I just thought it should be cleared out.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Ah, gotcha. That's probably more a browser specific thing, related to how browser cache form input and keep it there on a "soft" reload. Nice improvement. Makes sense.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @Sparkweb thanks for improving this for the rest of the FoxyCart community!