Better comfirmation for info changes

mwinsteinmwinstein Member
in Help edited July 2008
I'm carrying this forward from the bottom of my older post:

When a user updates their subscription contact and payment info, FoxyCart sends out a new "order" confirmation (billed at zero dollars). That seems like it will be confusing to people. Is there a way to send something else, such as a "change" confirmation?
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We haven't had any complaints so far. Do you think it would be worth having another email template just for this case?
  • mwinsteinmwinstein Member
    edited July 2008
    Short answer: Yes!!

Long answer:

Until recently, creating an integrated subscription payment based service was too expensive to be done by anyone without large resources, e.g. Consumer Reports, etc. So, the fact that you haven't had any complaints may simply be that the number people using your service in this way are still a small lot.

In creating a system for mass scalability, the more I or other developers can create precise and clear messages around certain events, the higher the customer satisfaction will be, and the less customer service required. Also, as I've mentioned before, allowing people to self-cancel their payments gets to be a significant time issue for the site owner once a subscriber base goes over 1000 or so. I like to backpack a lot, so I don't want to have to attend to these issues if they can instead be handled easily by the customer.

If you can add this feature I'll use it. Since I don't have much in the way of financial resources at present, I'll be happy to take what I can get, which with your system is already a wonderfully high quality item, and I won't complain!!
  • mwinsteinmwinstein Member
    edited July 2008
    A simple solution??

Is there a way to pass an information field along with the ?cart=updateinfo command?

If "yes", then I could just add a simple note that would say something like this on the web receipt and email receipt?

[ulist]
    [li]Special Instructions: Thank you for Updating your Recurring Monthly Billing Info[/li]
    [/ulist]

Can this be done?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Not currently, but it's a good idea. I'm not really sure an entirely new email template would be needed, but I like the simple solution idea. We''ll toss it around and implement something in a future version.