The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Error:...Calculate shipping...with this weight.

jodycollierjodycollier Member
in Help edited July 2011
I'm having issues with my shipping weight on one particular category. I can't figure out why. It's set up just like all the rest of my categories, which aren't having any problems. This the error on my test checkout page:

Error: This store has not been setup correctly to calculate shipping to this location with this weight. We apologize for the inconvenience. The store owner has been notified of this error.

(I wasn't notified via email, but that's another matter.)

Any suggestions? Everything else is going very, very well with foxycart. Very pleased.
Comments
  • jodycollierjodycollier Member
    edited July 2011
    This is very frustrating. I need to get this store working! (might not be foxy's fault, but consider this me venting.)
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    Jody,

Sorry you're having some trouble.

Can you link me to a page on your site where you are seeing this issue? It seems your store is currently password protected, and it's hard to see what might be wrong without having a chance to look at how you are building your add to cart links and the like.

If you can provide access to the store, it will be much easier to troubleshoot for you. In addition, if you can let me know what location you're using that is giving an error, and how you have setup the problem category in your admin panel, that will assist in moving forward.

For what it's worth, the link you posted to the checkout page (and then later removed, it seems?) wasn't giving me an error - it worked fine using a shipping address in San Francisco, CA.

Lance
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Jody {in response to your whisper}

I believe the USPS first class package is restricted to 13 ounces in size, so if your package ends up being more than 0.8lbs, it won't return a shipping rate.

Maybe try selecting both USPS first class and also Priority Mail to cover your bases.
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    edited July 2011
    Jody,

Adam is correct. If you add any combination of products that adds up to over 0.8lb shipping will fail due to USPS restrictions on package types and calculation of postage. Based on my trials, I was able to get this error with all product types, not just the type you previously specified (via whisper), but it was always the result of the weight exceeding that threshold.

Lance
  • You guys nailed it. Problem solved. This sucker is running like a well-oiled machine now.

Many Thanks! Awesome Support! (and I have learned an absolute TON from Foxy, so you have my gratitude for that, as well.)

Cheers.
    -j