The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Add Custom Tariffs to Checkout Totals

jaushmanjaushman Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited July 2011
Oh wise ones...

My client is asking that we include a flat percentage for Custom Tariffs on all international orders. My question is how to properly add it in with the other total fields (subtotal, tax, shipping, total_price). The charge would be 15% of the subtotal and would not be taxed. We already have a fairly custom checkout and I want to be sure that I don't affect functionality in another piece by changing things.

As far as I can tell it looks like I need to overwrite the updatePrice() function to include the Custom Tariffs field. Am I on the right track?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jaushman,

Could you simply add it as a handling fee to your categories?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Or a global tax... shoot, you want it on everything _except_ a single country, which we currently don't support. That's a bummer.

I think the solution probably would be a handling fee that's removed (ask @fc_adam for his magic) if it's domestic.