The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

"class="fc_required"

PasqualePasquale Member
in Help edited August 2011
I have a set of options to choose before adding the item to the cart (wheel chair purchase with 4 custom options to choose)

I would like one each of the four options to be required to select before hitting submit. If any one of the options are not selected I need an error message to come up in the cart.

Reading the wiki I found this class: "class="fc_required"

Where would I add this and/or how can I require the options to be selected (and if not an error message appears requiring the option(s) ) before the guests checks out?

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited August 2011
    @Pasquale,

The page you found there is referring to the checkout page, not an add to cart form as you've linked to on your site. As that's the case, you'll need to make them required yourself using a javascript validation library. If you actually put them on the checkout page, you could hook into the validation already implemented on the checkout - but as it's its own page, you'll need to do it yourself. I'd recommend something like this: http://bassistance.de/jquery-plugins/jquery-plugin-validation/
  • Thanks Adam - That should get me there!