Registration only for USA

dannyfoodannyfoo Member
in Help edited September 2007
I tried signing up for Foxycart but found when registering with a different country (Malaysia) I can't bypass the state because it only recognizes US states.

Does that mean I'm unable to use Foxycart?

Regards.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi dannyfoo.
    Sorry about that. It's a known issue that we'll have fixed shortly. For the time being, sign up using US as the country. We'll post an update on the forum and the changelog/blog once it's fixed.
  • Alrighty. Will do that. :)
    Ok, I lied about being fixed shortly. We actually need your help to help us diagnose this issue, as we're unable to duplicate it on our end, and it seems to be inconsistent with the users that have reported it.

Could you let us know your browser, OS, versions, firewalls, anti-virus software, or anything else that might be interfering with the page? If you're using Firefox and have Firebug, are you seeing any javascript errors in the console (when you load that page, or when you attempt to set the country as Malaysia?

Thanks!
  • Heya brett,

Oddly enough. I could change it to Malayaia, Kuala Lumpur now. :S

I wonder if the problem may only be during when I initially was trying to register.

Anyway, I'm running:

Windows XP SP2
    Firefox v2.0.0.6
    NOD32 anti-virus
    No firewall (only router)

Well, it's solved for me now. Just hope other new Malaysia signups don't experience the same thing.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    As strange as this sounds... we were hoping you could break it.

Could you try creating another store? You can delete it after you create it... We're trying to track down the exact steps to reproduce this.

Thanks dannyfoo.
  • Alright.

One mock account coming up.

BRB...
  • dannyfoodannyfoo Member
    edited September 2007
    Weird.

When I tried doing Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur now there's no problem. :S

*shrug*

p/s: Do you guys mind removing my duplicated account?

Regards.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    You can create multiple stores under the same account and then delete them... but at least this way it was a full test. I really want to squash this bug. We've had probably 5 different people mention it, but we're never able to reproduce it.

Thanks for trying.
    Dannyfoo, I'm a little disappointed... I really thought we'd see more from FoxyCart's Malaysian contingent...

;)
    Just kidding. Thanks so much for trying. We greatly appreciate it.

If anybody else experiences this bug... let us know and let us know how you did it.
  • dannyfoodannyfoo Member
    edited September 2007
    Heya brett,

Well, to be honest the e-commerce market here is very immature. Many are still worried of stolen credit card details, 3rd party support like PayPal are still scared by the fraud, too many conventional thinking business people, very low penetration rate (and unstable) and etc...

But we're getting there...hopefully in the 3-5 yeas. LOL! :)
  • I think it has something to do with using "tab" when you're moving through the fields. I think I had issues when I was signing up too (from Canada).
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    While tabbing off the country field?

The tab is supposed to complete the auto-fill which should reset the required state/province options.

Thanks for the further details. We're still looking into it and any help is much appreciated.