The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Checkout page in colorbox

vikramvikram Member
in Help edited September 2011
Hello guys,

I was working on a page that is rendered on an ipad. To make the life easier for the user I have tried to keep minimal fields on the form. The form fields once filled and submit button is pressed the page jumps to the checkout page. The checkout page shows only the payment options as I have prepopulated the customer information and hidden it. I need this checkout page in the colorbox rather than opening in a new page. Is this possible?

Thanks for your time.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    It should be possible - but there could be some possible dangers in hiding a lot of the forms. For example if your prepopulation doesn't fill it in correctly and it errors - if you've hidden all of the fields then those errors won't be visible to the customer and so then the wouldn't be able to checkout at all.

Could you simply load the checkout and prepopulate all the fields? That way the customers don't have to fill it all out - but any errors can be rectified by the customer if they appear.
  • Hey Adam,

well, I have taken care so that (to the best of my ability) to avoid errors on the checkout page. I have pre-populated data with caution to avoid errors :). Also, this page is used by one of the internal members so the possibility of missing data is minimum. I am really having a hard time trying to figure out to open the checkout page in the colorbox. Any suggestion would be of great help.

Thanks again.
    @vikram,

You'll need to overwrite the default process event to prevent the FoxyCart code from preventing checkout links from being opened in Colorbox - could you link me to the page you're trying to load the checkout from?
    @vikram,

Try pasting this underneath your FoxyCart includes on that page: http://pastie.org/2540865
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @vikram, we generally strongly discourage people from doing this for security reasons and such, but if you're going after the iPad specifically, I'd even more strongly discourage it because mobile devices can get weird with modal windows like Colorbox. Give it LOTS of testing, and be aware that you're probably going to want the parent site over SSL because anybody savvy will balk at entering a CC# in a form if they can't see the domain and https in the address bar.