Basic XML Datafeed integration with MODX

intandemintandem Member
in Help edited September 2011
I have never set up FoxyCart's XML datafeed anywhere and this whole area isn't really my forte. However, I may be building a MODx ecommerce site shortly that needs to handle recurring payments and as FoxyCart currently does not provide automated emails regarding non-payment, out-of-date credit cards etc, the datafeed would be very important in order for my client to manage their admin tasks on a daily basis.

Do you have a guideline document anywhere that outlines how to set up a resource in MODX to receive the datafeed and send back the required "foxy"? I have created a published blank template document, set to non-cachable, non-searchable, non-rich-text, text/xml document type, but what's next?

All help appreciated.
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    There's a rough example to get you started at the bottom of this wiki page: http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/0.7.1/advanced/api - all the changes would be made in PHP. Here's some integration examples: http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/subscription_datafeed

Browse around the wiki, there's some really helpful stuff, but some knowledge of PHP is required.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @intandem - if you'd like to hire a developer to help you with integrating the datafeed, let us know and we can give you a list of our recommended developers.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Do you have a guideline document anywhere that outlines how to set up a resource in MODX to receive the datafeed and send back the required "foxy"? I have created a published blank template document, set to non-cachable, non-searchable, non-rich-text, text/xml document type, but what's next?

For MODX specifically, I'm way more familiar with Evo than Revo, so this might not apply all the way, but all your settings for your document sound perfect. The next steps are to make a new snippet in MODX that does what you want, which might not be super helpful ;)