The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Credit Card Type Discrepancy

jaushmanjaushman Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited September 2011
I have a client (twelvesouth.com) that is using the "cc_type" field sent from the API transaction feed to reconcile their accounting. They've noticed a discrepancy between what FoxyCart provides and the card type Authorize.net reports as being used. It seems that the FC will default to "Visa" in some cases where another card type has been used.

The only common denominator we can see is that when a card type is listed incorrectly it gets listed as Visa. Any ideas?
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    @jaushman, if you can whisper a few transaction ID's where this is the case to one of the admins (luke, brett, fc_adam) they can take a look at it. It's tough to say what might be going on without that info.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @jaushman. There's a good chance you ran into an issue we fixed in 072. Unfortunately I just realized this issue hasn't been updated on our known issues list yet. We'll add that shortly. The basic problem is that the payment information (prior to 072) was linked directly to the customer, not historically to the payment. So if a customer purchases something with a Discover Card at one point and then later Purchases with a Visa (or decides not to save their information on a future checkout) then the XML datafeed will actually return a different value for a historical transaction. This is a pretty big fail and I think we've mentioned it here in the forums as well. Unfortunately, due to the way things were originally built, there's no way to recapture that historical data (even with 072). Once the customer changes their information, that transaction will show information from that customer.

I'll take a look at the transactions you whispered to see if that is in fact the problem here.

We hope to have 072 available for public beta soon.