Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

fc_quantity not working in IE 7

blcarsonblcarson Member
in Help edited August 2008
I'm working on a small store using Expression Engine and CoolCommerce to power the backend:

http://pti.agamicreative.com

The quantity count it working fine in Firefox, but isn't registering in IE 7. Is this a known bug? Any ideas?
Comments
  • Here's the output from IE 7's debugger:
    fc_FoxyJSON({"cart":[{"product":
    {
    "name":"Tibaldi Bentley Continental Limited Edition Silver Lake Fountain Pen",
    "code":"",
    "options":"Sku = 83<br />",
    "quantity":"2",
    "price_each":"2,500.00",
    "price":"5,000.00",
    "shipto":""
    }
    }
    ],"product_count":"2"
    ,"total_price":"5,000.00"
    ,"session_id":"9fvte22heamdhge5d2l2f7u0c5"
    ,"custom_fields":[
    {"custom_field":
    	{
    	"name":"cc_memberid",
    	"value":"1",
    	}
    }]});

With the initial error being...
    Error line 20
    Expected identifier, string or number

...which is the second to last line. Any idea at all?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks blcarson, we'll take a look. From what you posted here, looks like there's an extra comma in the JSON for the custom fields so that would definitely be a bug. We'll take a look and get back to you.

FYI: the JSON structure will probably change in the next version release.
  • I think I got it working - turns out I was passing a "$" along with my price. Do you think that would account for the funny JSON readout, or did I find another bug? :)
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    The extra comma problem has (unfortunately) been there a while. I found a buried ticket from two months ago that I just now put to rest. The extra comma is no more.
  • Great - glad I could help!