The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Testing FoxyCart

Grwup1mifrLAXGrwup1mifrLAX Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2011
Can FoxyCart run a test on my website to see if all systems are 'go!?

Just trying now to start testing my website now that I've got documented visitors.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Can you be more specific about what you mean by a "test"? Testing your integration is something your team has to be responsible for to ensure the integration and any customizations you've made fit your needs.
  • Hi,

Thanks. What I mean by test is to see if my download works right. I am my only "Team". I don't know anybody like tech or web design people. I am a prepress operator and don't know anybody other than you guys that I even talk to about this. I'll be willing to pay somebody to test my checkout and buy pages to make sure I don't have anything setup incorrectly and you guys think everything is working right.

Thanks,

Steve Benedict
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Steve. I'll whisper you some developers for hire that we know, but ultimately you'll have to happy with the overall experience. If you've tested things just as your customers would and everything works to your satisfaction, then you should be good to go.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @Grwup1mifrLAX, what's your URL? While Luke mentioned that we can't really be the ultimate responsibility for making sure your site's 100%, we're happy to take a look and point out anything we do spot that might be off.

I understand not having other people to ask. That's how I feel about playing bluegrass in Southern California ;)
  • On a somewhat related note...rather than starting a new thread...is there a way to test out the sending of things like receipt emails to see what they look like in a dummy store before I make changes to a live one?

I've created my own Foxy account and have selected test servers and have yet to set up a page to try and access my store but am just wondering if I am barking up the wrong tree and wasting my time if this is not even possible.

Carlos
  • I just found https://wiki.foxycart.com/gateways/paypal/express_checkout (toward the bottom there is some info on testing things).

It would appear that testing is really a matter of setting up dummy accounts at the payment gateway or processor and really has nothing to do with Foxy since it does not actually collect any money.

Is that right?

Carlos