Paypal Express Not Working - Blank Checkout

Having major issues with PayPal express. When loading my site's modal cart upon clicking the PayPal express button I get a blank modal in Firefox, nothing in Chrome and a big fat error message in IE9:

This content cannot be displayed in a frame

To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.

What you can try: Open this content in a new window

If I follow the link provided in the error message in IE then a new window opens up with the right PayPal screen and it seems to be working.

I noticed that when inspecting with Firebug a few requests are being fired off to PayPal upon clicking the PayPal express button, one of which returns the response:

Reload the page to get source for: ://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-c....

So basically it appears that when you click that button its trying to load PayPal inside of the modal window and that's causing the problems.

If I go to my normal checkout page first (bypassing PP Express) and then go for PayPal it seems to be working properly.

So what gives?? How do I get the PayPal Express button working from my modal cart? Am I missing something obvious here? My site url is http://www.audioknocker.com
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @audioknocker. We're taking a look. We'll update as soon as we have any info.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey audioknocker. Can you try removing this code from your cart template?
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
    	jQuery(function($){
    		$('a.fc_cart_checkout_paypal').click(function(e){
    			e.preventDefault();
    			_gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '/paypal_checkout']);
    			setTimeout('document.location = "' + this.href + '";', 200);
    		});
    	});
    </script>

I know we're supplied that code on our GA wiki page but it looks like by default it would load PayPal within an iframe (instead of _top) which is not correct. My hunch is that PayPal used to use a frame buster to pop those links full screen but now they are just blocking them. We'll work on a fix ASAP so Google Analytics will still function correctly.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    It looks like there were less than a 100 stores impacted by this issue. We just did an update to all the cart templates for these stores and replaced
    e.preventDefault();

with
    // e.preventDefault();

. We'll send a followup email to the impacted stores and provide a work around once we find one.

It looks like we had a slight bug in our code that wasn't a problem until PayPal made a change to their system.

Your cart appears to be working correctly now.
  • @brett and @luke: Thanks a bunch guys...I really appreciate you being on top of this and your super quick response to the issue!