Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Have payment gateway and transaction id in email

joelataylorjoelataylor Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited November 2011
Hi guys,
I've searched for this already but it seems the term "transaction id" is used to reference the "order id".

I was wondering if it's possible to get the Auth.net or Paypal Transaction Id in the email? My client would like it to reference the transaction for their gateway. As well as the Trans ID, they'd like to know which gateway was used: Auth.net or Paypal.

Because I haven't seen this yet, I'm assuming I'll need to create a custom email receipt?

Thanks for the guidance! :)

Joel
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Joel. Are you talking about the email customer receives or an admin email configured via a category?

In 072 we now show the masked card number if they paid via plastic so that may help you (i.e. if you see a card number, they paid via auth.net, otherwise they paid via PayPal).
  • I am looking for the masked card number as well, currently issues with a customer placing spaces in the PO# and not capturing funds, and order processing not sure if payment has been received or not.
  • @luke - looks like the customer is on 071. Big difference between that at 072? I could upgrade them and then check to see if the CC number is present. However, they really want the transaction ID as well.

I'm still guessing I'd have to create the receipts via XML, right?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @joelataylor: There are quite a few improvements, but probably not anything that would make upgrading difficult: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/upgrading Did you see my previous question? Are they referring to receipts sent to the customer or just admin receipts? We've left out detailed transaction information on the customer receipts because it just creates clutter for them unless those numbers have meaning.

@chocolatechick: As mentioned, if you upgrade to 072, you'll see the masked card number there. As for the PO# with spaces, you should be able to add some js to that in order to remove all spaces on blur, something like this:
    jQuery("#purchase_order").blur(function(){
    this.value = this.value.replace(/\s*/g, '');
    });

Curious though... when you say the spaces are causing funds not to be captured, what do you mean? What are you using as a PO# and what backend system is hooked into that PO#?
  • @luke - sorry, it's just the Admin email they're concerned about. I took a quick look in the Admin when I selected the 072 version, and it says it's still Beta? Or are all the kinks pretty much worked out now?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @joelataylor: yes, though we did have one we just fixed this morning related to gateways using authorize.net emulation. We're planning to go officially "live" with it soon, but we're also triple checking to ensure there aren't any other issues we still need to fix or improvements we still want to make.