Authorize.net receipt not showing item details

Hi,

We just put a new foxycart powered ecommerce site live at lawsonhammock.com, and a couple transactions have gone through and seems to be overall going well so far.

My client is asking about the receipts he gets from authorize.net now, previously with the old ecommerce system he could see each item ordered on the receipt, but now with foxycart only a little bit of info is displayed under 'Order Information'

Example receipt from authorize.net on the old ecommerce:

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
Invoice : 200652
Description : 1x #/4387 The Blue Ridge Camping Hammock Options: Forest Green = $139.991x #/4382 Tree Huggers Options: = $21.95 Amount : 173.35 (USD) Payment Method : Visa Type : Authorization and Capture

New receipts from authorize.net with foxycart now.

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
Invoice : 6394032
Description : Lawson Hammock
Amount : 177.14 (USD)
Payment Method : MasterCard
Type : Authorization Only

The description details don't seem to be showing up for that now. Does foxycart not pass along item info to authorize.net upon checkout? Thanks for your help, big fan of foxycart.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    Is there a reason your client is using the Auth.net receipts over the FoxyCart based receipts? If your client is wanting more product information, I'd suggest using the FoxyCart receipts instead of the gateway receipt.
  • i suppose the line of thought is that if authorize.net sends the receipt, they know that the funds have been captured. Is the foxycart receipt only sent out on a successful response from the payment gateway?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Yes, only a successful response sends the receipt. As for trying to stuff the entire order details into the "x_description" variable, Authorize.net only gives us 255 characters and we felt it would make much more sense to the customer and the store owner to know which store the order came from which is why we put the FoxyCart store name there. If the customer doesn't know where the charge came from, that could increase chargebacks.

That being said, we're open to change this if it makes sense. Maybe the first 255 characters of product detail is better than nothing?

Are there any other opinions out there on this?

Also, for what it's worth, we do send all of the product details in the correct "items" attribute as specified by Authorize. I'm surprised they don't include that information in their receipts.
  • Thanks for the info, i believe between the foxycart receipt and the xml datafeed integration with the fulfilment company we should be covered!