The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

xml datafeed

RickWRickW Member
in Help edited December 2011
I just received an error message from FC "Your XML Datafeed processor for wetzelandcompany failed to process a recent transaction. " The transaction went through and the datafeed went to my database. This is the first time this error has occurred. I went to the WIki page and found that the CData is now used, which is not part of my feed. Would that be the cause? The example used was a little confusing so I'd like help with my feed.
Thanks
Comments
  • RickWRickW Member
    edited December 2011
    As it turns out, the xml feed did not go through. Please help! What's strange is the XML feed worked several days ago.
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    @RickW without seeing any of the code in your php file I wouldn't really be able to help but.... one thing you said reminded me of something I discovered. When I was working with the XML that Foxy sends back I found that sometimes SimpleXML doesn't really like the data coming back or it doesn't act as expected (I think) because of the CDATA enclosure. So what I did was to specify the datatype of every element and that seemed to really help the situation.

Instead of
    $customer_phone = $transaction->customer_phone;

It's much, much better and more reliable to do
    $customer_phone = (string)$transaction->customer_phone;

..especially where integers are concerned.

Maybe that will help you troubleshoot a bit.
  • I've solved the problem, I hope. I had installed some "security code" in my .htaccess file that apparently prevented the xml from going through.