Passing Item information to Paypal

kscotbarrkscotbarr Member
in General edited August 2008
It doesn’t seem that any information on the product ordered is being captured in Paypal. Is there any way we can pass the item name or something in the description field to Paypal?

I work for a non-profit that processes a lot of donations via Paypal. Bookstore transactions will need to be deposited to a separate bank account, so they will need to know if a transaction is a donation or bookstore purchase. Ideally they should be able to do this in Paypal without having to cross-check FoxyCart’s transactions.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for the comment, kscotbarr, we'll look into it. I'm pretty sure our Authorize.net integration does this currently, but I'll have to look into Paypal's limitations to see if that's possible.
  • Was there ever a discovery on this? I have an online store and also take donations and need to pass this information along to Paypal to differentiate the two for my accounting dept.

Please let me know what y'all discovered.

brian
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Brian.
    We honestly haven't had a chance to look at this yet, though I did just reassign the ticket so we'll attempt to get to it as soon as we are able. We will be refocusing on gateways soon, so we'll handle it then.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Actually, we worked on this a bit way back in the day but didn't end up committing the modified code because when the information was sent to Paypal, we never saw it on the backend in the the sandbox. Maybe this is something a "live" Paypal account would display, but the sanbox seemed to ignore it all. I think at the time we emailed their support and didn't get the info back we needed. We still have the code ready so maybe we'll just add it to the next release and see if that works out for you.

Thanks for bumping the thread.