The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

FedEx Rates Incorrect

epc_jgepc_jg Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2012
My client pointed out to me that both UPS and FedEx raised their rates Jan 2, 2012, and wanted to know if the new rates had been integrated into the FoxyCart system.

I checked by testing the price for an item added to the cart and compared (using shipping zips, packaging types, drop off and weight from the item and FC account) and checked it by the rates for the same on UPS.com and FexEx.com.

UPS.com matched, but FedEx was off by a significant amount. Adjusting from Residential to Commercial still did not account for the difference.

Can you please let us know if your rates have been updated to reflect this change, or what else might be causing the incorrect rates to be charged for FedEx?
Comments
  • Our client is also having a problem with 2012 shipping rate increases not being reflected in the Foxycart checkout. Ours is specifically with UPS, though.
  • epc_jgepc_jg Member
    edited January 2012
    stuckpixelryan: have you tried changing the UPS shipping to residential on the UPS.com website when comparing? That is what I did, and then the shipping prices matched.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @pic_jg: Can you whisper me with detailed specifics? We've had reports of this before and often it comes down to the specific settings used to rate the shipment on the website such as the packaging, pickup type, customs value, insurance amount and such. If you could get me the full source and destination address information and all of the details you selected, that would be really helpful.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @epc_jg,

While this issue is being looked into, you can use the following code to adjust FedEx rates to include a markup to get it up to where it should be: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/shipping/flat_rate_markup_of_live_rates

This code will run as soon as the rates are returned, so the customers won't see anything but your updated rates.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We tested upgrading our web services API integration last night to see if that would have any impact on the rates and it did not. I just got off the phone with FedEx tech support and it turns out the web service will always include an "automation discount" that we can do nothing about. They said if you don't login to FedEx.com, you won't see that same discount. If you do login, you will see the same discount and the rates should match up. We recommend going a step further and inputting your own FedEx account information into the FoxyCart admin to ensure the rates you see are the same rates you'll get when you go to ship the product. I hope that helps with any confusion on this issue. We've also updated the wiki page here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/v/0.7.2/shipping/fedex
  • MobsterMobster Member
    edited April 2013
    Can I use a percentage instead?
    price += 4;

price = (parseFloat(price) * 1.2);

*UPDATE For anyone looking for a percentage based markup, this works. Unless it's already been covered somewhere.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Mobster,

That will work - we also have a newer snippet available to assist with modifications of live rates that does include percentage calculations: http://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/shipping/live_rate_shipping_modification