Shipping rates not populating on some checkouts

candrikanichcandrikanich Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2012
Hey guys,

I wanted to see if there was a known issue with any browsers and getting the Live shipping data to populate after entering your zip code. I've been getting calls from customers saying that the options don't appear (and they claim that the state and zip code fields are populated).

I can't seem to replicate the problem on my end (Mac OSX 10.6.8) in any Mac browser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
Comments
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    Hi Chris, can you whisper a url to @luke, @brett, or @fc_adam so one of the FoxyCart admins could take a look at this? Sometimes there are javascript errors in a template which cause things to go a little wonky.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Chris. Which store is this for and do you see any errors in your store's error logs?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @candrikanich,

Also, if your customers have given you any details on the browser they were using at the time, that would be really helpful as well.
  • edited January 2012
    Tonight at my store meadowcreature.foxycart.com, that uses Fedex, entering any address yields a 5 second delay followed by this error message in the shipping options display:

Error: We are unable to determine shipping cost for the above address.

There's been no change to my store code or configuration in months.

Yes plenty of errors in the store error log.

Fedex is our only shipping option, so this makes the store is dead in the water - nobody can complete a purchase.

In lieu of sorting this out, I've temporarily turned on UPS, but this is not a solution, it just hides the error.

thanks
    @meadowcreature: It appears that Fedex's rates service is offline. I'm looking for an official post from them, but a rates request for me is returning this error:
    FedEx Error: Rating is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.
    We'll keep you updated as we learn anything.
    Apparently this was a scheduled maintenance that we missed a notice on.

See here for more information: http://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/5439/fedex-scheduled-maintenance-saturday-january-21st-2012