Coupon applied twice for tax calculation

carvertechcarvertech Member
in Help edited January 2012
Hello - this is a specific support request so I hope someone from FC picks it up.
For order ID 7340060

Two items in the cart totaling $560.
There is a 20% coupon applied -$112
Adjusted order total: $448
So you would expect the CT tax (6.35%) to be $28.45

INSTEAD - the tax charged was $21.34

The only way I can arrive at this tax number is by deducting the discount twice: $560-$224=336 * 6.35% = $21.34

So is it possible that the coupon was applied twice (once for each shopping cart item) before the tax was calculated?

Thank you!
Justin Loebre
Tagged:
Comments
  • lancelance Member, Community Support Member
    edited January 2012
    Justin,

We have a client that had this same problem and it is an issue that I know the help desk team is currently working on. I'll let @luke post more information when it's available.

Lance
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for posting, Justin. The last four days or so we've been researching a tax issue related to coupons. We committed a fix late last night to our trunk branch, but we have to run a bunch of testing to ensure it doesn't have any unintended consequences. Once we get this fixed, we plan to do some further research to figure out (if possible) which transactions were impacted by this bug.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @carvertech. We just pushed out a fix for this issue for store versions 071 and 072. It should be working correctly now.