The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

How Do You Use Your Fulfillment Center's Shipping Rates?

in Help edited January 2012
I'm using Fulfillment by Amazon, and I'm wondering if there's a way to import their shipping rates into foxycart, so the shipping rates on my cart will populate based on their rates instead of my business address.

Is there a simple way to do this? Does it require advanced tinkering? Would it be best to use some sort of tiered shipping option in the snippets that roughly correlates to Amazons?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @JonathanBechtel,

I'm not heaps familiar with FBA - do they have an API or endpoint you can query to get rates for your account? If they do, it could definitely possible to achieve with a bit of javascript.
  • Adam,

I believe they do.

This link might not be the best place to look at, but I imagine it's pretty close: https://developer.amazonservices.com/doc/bde/feeds/v20090901/php.html

I know other shopping carts like Shopify are integrated w/ FBA, so I imagine something like this is possible.

Thanks for your response!

Jonathan
  • sparkwebsparkweb Member, Integration Developer, FoxyShop, Order Desk
    edited January 2012
    @JonathanBechtel, the bottom of this page http://aws.amazon.com/fws/ has a full description of all the available API's and I don't see anything that looks like it provides shipping rates. I think, though, that Amazon has pretty set shipping rates based on weight. That it isn't really zone based so you might be able to set something up manually that would match pretty well.

EDIT: read through your first post again and I think all you have to do is load in the zip code of their fulfillment center (the one that has your stuff) on the FoxyCart settings page.